Friday, September 29, 2017

Universal loves my work!

Apparently, Universal Furniture loves my design work. To be more specific, they really love my "Marcel" sofa design.


In fact, they love it so much, they decided to help themselves and copy my vision, design, and intellectual property without even as much as a post card from China! Take a look at their "Hartley" sofa. Even the pillow shapes and placements are exactly the same.


So what do you think? Do you think this is fair? This company happens to be one of the giants in the home furnishings industry. It's all too common to see copies everywhere in this industry, and it's just sad for the little guys like me.It takes food from my children's mouths. It hurts. Especially when a company this big, with such resources, just helps themselves to my life's work. As one of my social media friends put it, "They didn't even have the decency to change the colors!"

Universal Furniture, what say you? Will you do the right thing?

Artist friends and designers, you know all too well what this is like. Please drop them a note and tell them what you think. https://www.universalfurniture.com/home/contactus

 

Share/Bookmark

No comments: