Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's a wrap!


This past Saturday the filming for the movie "The Stream" wrapped up. The virtual film is in the virtual can! Working on this project for Dreaming Tree Films, has simply been one of the most wonderful experiences in my career. I met so many amazing and talented people throughout the entire six week journey. The whole cast and crew even started to feel like an extended family.


The kids from The Boys & Girls Clubs of America did an outstanding job working right along side the pros to get this movie made. They got to see and take part in every single aspect of the process. What an awesome experience for everyone involved!


Dreaming Tree Films expects to be able to release the "The Stream" in the Winter of 2013. This coming of age film will be fun, funny, adventurous, and will take you back in time to the early 1980's. One of the best things is a large part of the proceeds will benefit The Boys & Girls Clubs. So cool! I can't wait to see this movie! 


Director Estlin Feigley did a truly amazing job realizing his vision, and getting this feature film made. I owe him and his team a huge debt of gratitude for allowing me to be part of it, and helping to create the look of this movie.

Besides the incredibly talented young actors and future stars like Jacob Williams, Michael Capparella, Noura Jost, C.J. Diel, Madison Kaplan, and Tyler Burke, there were also some established Hollywood Stars in the film as well. Mario Lopez, Kelly Rutherford, and Christopher Gorham all played roles, and meeting them was a real cool experience.

Marco Petril & Mario Lopez
Nicole Hurst, Christopher Gorham, and Kelly Rutherford
Once in a lifetime photo op with Kelly Rutherford
Of all the experiences on this project, the one that will be the most lasting, is the time I got to spend with my son. Working as my assistant on set, he made me so proud! And we now have some awesome memories to last us forever! To document the experience, I put together the video below for him to take to school next month. It will give you a real behind the scenes look.

 

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again at the premier. Until then, I will miss you all!

 

Look for "The Stream" in theaters Winter 2013




Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Audrey said...

What a lifestyle blog! Nice to know about those film!