Monday, May 4, 2009

Showroom and interior design...



The above showroom in High Point, NC was designed by Robert Petril, for Simon Li Furniture.

My "Tea Room" in Shanghai. Eventually this room was finished with some awesome large square velvet floor cushons around the other two walls, corner sheers, and lot's of cool various size fabric pattern pillows for the back. I loved to come into this room and relax after a long day, and make Gong Fu Cha tea for my wife and I. It was kind of funny how I used to chill there, and get inspired about new furniture ideas while sitting on the floor. I miss this room!


Shenzhen flat. Making a cool place for Buddha to chill, candles, and the cool lamps I found in Shanghai, making a very cool entry.


Living room in Shanghai


Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Andrea Guim said...

Hy, Robert!

Your blog is great! How many wonderful things!
Thanks for following the Blog'Arte.
A hug!

Outside The Lines said...

Thanks Andrea! "So many wonderful things" sounds more like your website! Thanks for checking out my stuff. Much more is underway...I'm real excited about this summer and fall...

anusha said...

Robert, I am so fond of japanese interiors. Love the third pic, the tatami mat, the shoji screens and the floor pillow. Is this a tea room or some sort of meditation room? Actually, I just posted about japanese interiors recently in my blog.

A "cheery" disposition said...

love that first picture. Great way to use such a small space.

Thanh Nga said...

Dear Robert,

I'm Nga, living in Hanoi, who has just joined your Design on the Edge. Though only a housewife now, I find your articles on Shanghai are so impressive and wonderful ! Especially I like best the artful hand-made ceramics in the Spin. And I also admire your choice of the cool blue lamps for your foyer. Thanks for letting me to see so beautiful things of the world !